GenA is a youth employment service for the up-and-coming generation of Albertans, aged 18-30.There are a lot of stereotypes about Millennials kicked around in the media. But the truth is the same thing has happened with every generation since generations started having names attached to them.
We believe Alberta youth can bring new energy and vitality to any enterprise. And the GenA employment service can give you the guidance and resources you need to jumpstart your career.
Here’s who is eligible:
- Graduates who are unsure of what to do next
- Youth 18-30 who are struggling to join the industries they’ve trained for
- Youth who are stuck in ‘survival’ jobs, without a career path
- Youth who would like to work with a proven job placement resource, with broad workforce connections
- Youth facing obstacles to employment
GenA will give you the one-to-one guidance, resources, and employer connections you need, at no cost to participants.
The GenA service staff includes Employment Placement Specialists and Workforce Advisors, giving us the ability to read the changing work environment and understand what employers need. This ensures that the Action Plan you develop with our Career Planners accurately reflects the job market.
To get started, or for more information about the GenA service, please email info@genA.works. You can also call us toll-free at 1-877-483-2562.